Monday, January 4, 2010

That's some tasty cheese

Recently I've been tasting the various cheeses we carry. I like cheese quiet a bit, but I'm not an expert and usually find it difficult to make a selection when presented with several nondescript, tightly packaged wedges. What does it taste like? What does it smell like? Will it go well with dried apricots? On a salad? Unable to answer these questions I tend to get the same thing again and again. But where's the sense of adventure in that?

For those of you wanting to try something new, I suggest Capricious from the Achadinha Goat Cheese Company in Petaluma. I got to try this one while slicing it up for packaging and thought it was delicious. I'm a big fan of cheese and apples and Capricious would work nicely there. But their website also suggests recipes such as a Capricious burger and a Capricious artichoke and jalapeno dip. That's not to mention this cheese won "Best In Show" from the American Cheese Society in 2002. And best of all, it's made locally by a small farm in Petaluma. Let us know what you think when you give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment