Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's not easy being green


I read an interesting article in The New York Times about the effect that going "green" has on relationships, "When Trying to Preserve the Planet Strains the Relationship." The Times points to an increase in marital strife and divorce as couples disagree over how green their lives should be. At Avedano's the decision to go green means buying more expensive products that have a better impact on the planet and your health, but this is not always an easy choice and some might be more on board than others. I know since starting work at the shop I've become more conscientious of what I eat - where it comes from, how it was raised or grown - but that doesn't mean my friends, family, girlfriend, etc. feel exactly the same way.

I believe going green is ultimately about quality of life. It's the decision to eat better, live healthier, and create a cleaner planet for future generations. But that means it needs to be balanced with the other details of our lives that make us happy - like our relationships. Check out the article and let me know what you think about this issue and how you find the right balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment